The Imperiled Union: Essays on the Background of the …
It is very important for people working in a large organization to have and be part of a union. A labor union is defined as a collection of workers who come together to meet common goals and practices. It is good to be in a union because the workers belonging to a union can collectively bargain with their employers. Collective bargaining is one of the most important aspects for any union, be it in sports, or any other labor pool. This provision allows the employees to ask for their rights in a collective manner, that is in the form of unions. Employee involvement, if appropriately structured, generally improves the economic productivity of the firm. This is why the workers feel a duty for collective bargaining as it provides them with a strong collective voice. Many of the workers have also expressed a preference for representation through an employee organization that interacts with management in a non-adversarial manner.
free essay on The Growth of Labor Unions
Unions allow the workers to ask for their legitimate rights. Unions can enforce job security standard in a relatively expeditious and inexpensive arbitration forum. Unions can contest disparate treatment, where a person claims that he/she is being less favored than others are. Many collective bargaining please are also because of disparate impact, which means that the person is being discriminated against even thought the company's policies on the face do not show any discriminatory patterns. This is why it is extremely important for workers to be part of a union because a worker alone might face many problems but these problems can be resolved if the worker was part of a union. Also, many employers would find it much of a hassle to confront a union, while making one person the blunt of authority is much easier.
“They deserve these scholarships, which can go a long way in helping the next generation of students access a well-rounded, career-focused education.” The following students from Union County have received scholarships to attend Berkeley College: - Brian Arajuo of Union, Union High School
- Tyanne Bryce of Roselle, Benedictine Academy
- Kayla Carter of Hillside, Hillside High School
- Michael Elliott of Rahway, Rahway High School
- Anna Escobar of Plainfield, Plainfield High School
- Veronica Galvao of Hillside, Hillside High School
- Ahradai Haley of Plainfield, Plainfield High School
- Corina Hicks of Rahway, Rahway High School
- Markeytha Johnson of Scotch Plains, Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School
- Brianna Jones of Plainfield, Plainfield High School
- Julia Kheyman of Linden, Linden High School
- Aleksandra Kosakowska of Linden, Linden High School
- Samia Dara Lauria of Hillside, Hillside High School
- Kevin Lazo of Roselle, Abraham Clark High School
- John Liviapoma of Hillside, Hillside High School
- Jaidah McKeithan of Plainfield, Plainfield High School
- Alexandra Ribau of Springfield, Jonathan Dayton High School
- Thomas Spratt of Clark, Arthur L.