Voluntary euthanasia should be legalized in Australia

23/03/2015 · Euthanasia Should Not Be Legalized Philosophy Essay

Essay on Euthanasia Should Be Legalized - 440 Words

The Voluntary Euthanasia Society is playing on people’s fears. No one wants to die a painful, unhappy, undignified death and with proper palliative care, love and being made comfortable, this need never be. Doctors can deal with 95% of all pain and the remaining 5% can be reduced to a bearable level. Life has always been seen as inviolable and it should remain that way. What is actually at stake is whether or not we are a caring enough society to fund adequate palliative measures and to shoulder some personal responsibility for old and infirm relatives. In Holland, where euthanasia has been legalised, 900 people had their lives ended “ without an explicit request” in 1995, the last year for which full figures are available – which is 20% of all recorded euthanasia cases. The single study yet published from Belgium, where euthanasia was legalised in May 2002 showed that 30% of euthanasia cases there were non-voluntary. A relative of mine who suffers periodic bouts of severe depression has attempted suicide on many occasions and is sincere in wanting to die when she is in this state. Having had her stomach pumped on several occasions, she is now 76years old and leading an independent full life caring for herself and her dog. Christine Hudson, Plymouth

One of the most important things being discussed nowadays is whether euthanasia should be legalized or not....

Should Voluntary Euthanasia be Legalized in Australia

For people born before abortion legalization, there is no difference in the crime patterns for high abortion and low abortion states, just as the Donohue-Levitt theory predicts.4) When we compare arrest rates of people born in the same state, just before and just after abortion legalization, we once again see the identical pattern of lower arrest rates for those born after legalization than before.5) The evidence from Canada, Australia, and Romania also support the hypothesis that abortion reduces crime.6) Studies have shown a reduction in infanticide, teen age drug use, and teen age childbearing consistent with the theory that abortion will reduce other social ills similar to crime.These six points all support the hypothesis.

Euthanasia should be legalized in the UK ..

It will be demonstrated that the consequences of proposed euthanasia laws, though they have not come to pass, have certainly caused the debate of ethical and legal issues and thus, it is proposed that euthanasia should not yet be legalised....

Euthanasia Should Be Legalized - Essay by Philipkong