Presidential Salary: $200,000/year + $50,000 expense account
The President must influence people, therefore he must take care to establish and preserve his influence. Neustadt’s discussion of this preservation of influence takes into account both the formal powers of the President as well as the personal powers. The President is both influenced by and must answer to a complex body that includes the executives that are part of the “presidency;” Congress; Presidential partisans; American public; and from all those President watchers abroad. Of course, no President has the power to answer squarely to each and every demand that is placed upon him by various sources. He cannot expect committed loyalty from all quarters as in every case, the parties have other commitments and loyalties that draw them away from the President. Thus, the very people surrounding the President and the legislators, judges, foreign emissaries, and all other public and private enterprises, are not in total service to the President nor is he in total service to them. It is up to the President, then, to get people to do what he wants them to do; hence, to persuade them to his way of thinking and doing. This is the President’s power.
Vice President: (1969-73); (1973-74)
â In 1912, the United States was faced with an interesting election prospect: William Howard Taft, the Republican incumbent, was seeking re-election.
- Affairs of State research paper delves into a book by Gil Troy that attempts to make sense of the role of the first couple that was in presidency.
"The Watergate Scandal." Scribd.
Links immediately following the image of the American Flag ( ) are links to other POTUS sites. All other links lead to sites elsewhere on the Web.
"Nixon Tells Editors, 'I'm Not a Crook'" Editorial.
- A research paper Lyndon B. Johnson discuss the fact that Johnson was the most influential person leading the US out of conflict during the Civil Rights Movement.
Free Richard Nixon Essays and Papers - 123HelpMe
- Research papers on Obama's Farewell Speech discuss the speech delivered on January 10, 2017 from his home city of Chicago, Illinois and the city where he began his political career.
Free Richard Nixon papers, essays, and research papers.
Father: Francis Anthony Nixon
Mother: Hannah Milhous Nixon
Married: , on June 21, 1940
Children: Patricia Nixon (1946- ); Julie Nixon (1948- )
Richard Nixon Essay - 628 Words | Bartleby
- A research paper on te Trump Foundation self dealing delve into the tax filings for the Trump Foundation for 2015 that included two admissions of self-dealing.
Essay about Richard Nixon - 2082 Words | Bartleby
Religion: Society of Friends (Quaker)
Education: Graduated from Whittier College (1934) and Duke University Law School (1937)
Occupation: Lawyer, public official
Political Party: Republican
Other Government Positions:
Richard Milhouse Nixon Essay 1060 Words | 5 Pages
- The Watergate Scandal research papers discuss the pattern of corruption and illegal activity within the Nixon White House during the 20th century.